Monday, December 16, 2013

Derailed

You ever feel like your train of thought's been derailed?  Yeah that's right, I just quoted Travie McCoy.  And yeah, I feel like my train of thought's been derailed.  Lately I feel like there are a lot of moving parts in my life and I need to pick and choose which ones I put my time and effort into.  Sadly, this hasn't been one of those things.  Also, sadly, I haven't really been all that committed to the gym or to planning my meals and eating healthily.  I guess, basically, it's safe to say that I don't really have my shit together at the moment.

What have I been doing?  I've been working on being less stressed and feeling like I always have something that needs to get done.  I've been making an effort to be more present with the ones that matter, my husband for example.  I've been trying my best to remember how much I have to be grateful for and not worry so much about what's missing.

What's next?  Well, my sub par gym attendance is making me feel a little squishy, which I'm not all that down with.  So that needs to change.  I'm also getting pretty jelly of everyone's progress pictures and flexbreaks.  So I might be taking a break, but I know good and well what I want.  And in case you don't know me all that well…I always get what I want (I mean that in the least psychotic way possible).

I'll be back in a minute.  With bells on.

5 comments:

  1. I feel the same exact way that you do!! Putting your time and effort into the things that really matter isn't all that bad, though....especially around the holidays. :) I think life is too short to not enjoy yourself from time to time...even if that means gaining a few lbs. But, you bet your ass I will be back at it after the holidays and I bet to will be too!! Good luck and have a Merry Christmas!

    ~Devon
    laduit2it.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the holidays always seem yo do that to us young people. Older people are set in their ways, and in my family, you work around them, they're not as flexible as they expect you to be. (By no means am I blaming them, of course) I come from divorced parents, and being a divorced parent myself, last year I had to make a promise to myself that I would drag my children around to everywhere to try to make everyone else happy. I grew up hating the holidays, and I don't want them to feel the same way. And while my children are coming first for these holidays, my yoga has gone to the back burner. I'm squishy-er (to use your word) but I'm happy. My kids are happy. We laid in bed watching Christmas Vacation last night. A whole hour past their bedtime, but it was worth it to be THERE and be in that moment.
    We'll get back on track and it will fall in place. Plan now to succeed later. I'm already making menus and getting new classes lined up and can't wait... But I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least your IG presence has been good. :) Don't sweat it. As they say, we could all stand to "stop the glorification of busy."

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY in the same place right now. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete